I’ve misfueled Nissan in Bedfordshire, What to Do Now?
Misfuelled a Nissan in Bedfordshire? Don’t panic, a lot of us make this mistake of putting the wrong fuel in our vehicles. In-fact every four minutes 1 person makes this error. It is an easy mistake to make and once you make this mistake a sudden panic kicks in and you think the Nissan’s engine is ruined and you are going to face a huge bill for the lapse in concentration.
When you fill a diesel Nissan with petrol there is a serious risk that you will damage your engine. Petrol acts as a solvent with repairs coming up to hundreds or even thousands of pounds if the engine ceases as the contaminated fuel goes through the system. Metal particles from the pump could be deposited in the fuel which risks further damage.
Nissan Misfuelling Experts in Bedfordshire
If you’ve mistakenly put wrong fuel in your Nissan in Bedfordshire, don’t panic as GMM1 Bedfordshire has the right solution for your Nissan. We cover all Bedfordshire and every make and every model. We are certified misfuelling experts in Bedfordshire. What to do when you realize that you have misfuelled your Nissan in Bedfordshire, if you haven’t started your Nissan’s engine don’t start it. If possible, put your Nissan in neutral and ask for help to shift it to a safe spot. GMM1 Bedfordshire has expert Nissan misfuelling engineers who drain your Nissan’s engine at the cheapest online prices.
Get Back on Road After Nissan Misfuelling in Bedfordshire
The best way to get you back on the road is to drain the Nissan fuel tank and get the filter cleaned or replaced. Fortunately, all these services are available at GMM1 Bedfordshire and are done by experts with years of experience in this field. This is the best way to protect your Nissan from damage.
However, don’t be harsh on yourself as hundreds of thousands of drivers have done the same, 150,000 a year to be precise, so you are not alone.
Some Misfuelling Facts
One person ever four minutes fills their vehicle in with wrong fuel which can wreak havoc on the interior workings, with repair bills amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds every year. Putting diesel in a petrol Nissan engine will cause your engine to cut out and stop working. As diesel doesn’t ignite in the same way that petrol does, the spark plugs which ignite the fuel in your petrol engine will have no effect.
If you have misfuelled your Nissan in Bedfordshire, follow these simple steps to get your engine started.
- If you want to get your Nissan engine to start again, all the fuel needs to be drained safely from the fuel system and replaced with petrol or diesel. Call GMM1 Bedfordshire now to get your Nissan fixed by our Misfuelling experts.
- It’s hard to fill a petrol tank with diesel because diesel fuel nozzles are designed to not fit in petrol cars.
- However, it is all too easy to accidentally fill your diesel-fuelled Nissan with petrol.
- Petrol does a lot of damage to your diesel engine as it finishes the lubricant used to keep it ticking over and cause metal components to grate against each other which causes them to crack and decompose.
- This just doesn’t damage the fuel pump and injection systems, it can also destroy the engine completely.